Galey Farms' Strawberries!
There’s nothing that says "Hello Summer" quite like eating a juicy vine-ripened strawberry that has been ripened to perfection in the early summer sunshine. Strawberries serve more than just fulfilling the sweet tooth. It is packed with hordes of health benefits, making a nutritious fruit for mind and body.
Galey Strawberries are now available right through to October!
Did you know…?
- Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen in the spring
- On average, there are 200 seeds in a strawberry
Eight strawberries will provide 140 percent of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C for kids
How to store and clean strawberries
You can preserve strawberries food value and quality by treating the berries gently. When you get them home, sort but do not clean them until just before you use them. Store the berries uncovered in the refrigerator in the original or a shallow container. When you are ready to use the berries, wash them quickly in cold water. Do not let them soak. Lift them gently from the wash water and drain them well before you hull them.
Galey Farms Raspberries
On the heels of the strawberry season, juicy plump, red raspberries are the next to hit our stands. As healthful and delicious as strawberries, these beauties are fantastic fresh or in cooking.
Did you know...?
- Raspberries contain a natural substance called ellagic acid, which is an anti-carcinogenic (cancer-preventing) compound.
- Raspberries have been shown to lower high blood cholesterol levels and slow release of carbohydrates into the blood stream of diabetics.
- Raspberries probably freeze the best out of any of the berries, and..
- Raspberries make delicious jams and jellies, so buy lots so you can enjoy their delicious flavour year-round!